Messy Church is for all ages of children, particularly up to about age 10… and for all the family. So children, bring your parents, grandparents or carers and we will enjoy a range of activities, have tea and a short worship time singing action songs. This is church and it is fun! We are holding Messy Church on Saturday afternoons so that Mum and Dad, if working in the week, can come too. All are welcome!
It was good to see over twenty children plus their families at the February Messy Church when we learned something about Who is Jesus? There were lots of painting and sticking activities, biscuits to ice, sand play and a dressing up, pretend play First Aid corner, plus the usual toys. Rick led our worship session when we acted out the story of Zaccheus, then we were ready for our tea of sausages, jacket potatoes and pasta, cake and fruit. A good way to round off the half term week!
We hope to see you at our next Messy Church event which will be at Southfields Farm, Coleshill on Sunday, March 25th This is a special activity for March as we cannot have the church premises on our usual Saturday. This is a Circuit event and includes other churches, but will be a unique event for Palm Sunday.
Details as follows:
- A coach will leave Solihull Methodist Church at 13:00, cost £1 per person, please book as places are limited (Email Messy Church via our Contact page, or phone 0121 705 7367) (Please note: The coach is now fully booked).
- The visit at the farm is from 13:30 to 15:30. If you wish you can make your own way to the farm at Coleshill for 13:30. Just turn up.
- Bring a picnic lunch to eat as soon as you arrive.
- Address is Southfields Farm, Packington Lane, Coleshill, B46 5EJ.
- Trip includes tractor rides, cream tea, donkeys and sheep, interactive story of Palm Sunday.
- Establishment is geared up to educational visits, young children, hygiene etc.
- Wear wellies and suitable clothing for outdoors.
It is lambing season, so if you are pregnant, or could be, please be aware of health guide-lines and advice around animals.
In April, our Messy Play session will take place in the church on Saturday 28th April at the usual time of 15:30. The play session in church will be followed by tea in the Church Hall. We have decided not to ask people to register in advance, as often it can be a last-minute decision. Please feel able to bring friends and family, or come along and make new friends. We look forward to seeing you then. See you then!
You are also very welcome at our regular Sunday services, where children are welcome in the service but there is also provision for children in classes and a crèche.
Messy Church Logo Copyright Bible Reading Fellowship © 2013. See www.messychurch.org.uk