This year after collaboration with the congregation and the church council, we have a project team who will be rolling out the church project commencing in October. The focus of the year is raising money as well as awareness for homelessness charities in our area. After much deliberation, we have chosen Solihull Churches Action on Homelessness(SCAH) and The Choir with No Name (Birmingham branch).
SCAH work tirelessly throughout the year to support various projects for the homeless in Solihull with their various partners in order to make a real difference to those unfortunate enough to find themselves without a home. For more information about their work, click here.
The Choir with No Name in Birmingham was launched in 2011 and is made up of both homeless and previously homeless people. In the past year alone, over 185 vulnerable adults benefited from the CWNN. They have performed to a cumulative audience of nearly 4,000 people in Birmingham and the West Midlands. It improves self-confidence and skills as well as reducing stigma. There has been overwhelming positive feedback from the members who have experienced a true sense of worth from singing together. Click here to check out their website.
‘I HAVE A NAME’ PROJECT DATES 2018
- Sat January 20th, 19:00 – “Youth Extravaganza” – concert of song, music and poetry featuring the St Alphege Sing Squad and our talented young people.
- Sat February 10th, 19:00 – Skittles night including a delicious supper!
- Sat March 3rd, 19:00 – “ Welcome Spring” – concert featuring The AD concert band
- Wed April 11th, 13:00 – Soupa Talks – A member of SCAH speaking about their aims and objectives
- Sun April 22nd, 10:30 – Homelessness themed morning service with Rev Mark Fisher
from Christ Church
- Sat April 28th, 19:00 – Quiz Night with Fish and Chip Supper
- Sat June 30th, 19:00 – “Grand Finale” – The return of ‘The Choir With No Name’ for a night that
promises to raise the roof!
It is hoped you will all engage with us and our future exciting ideas for this year long project. We know you will relish the delights of the evenings we are planning. Please can we ask you to come and enjoy what we have prepared for you! We are very enthusiastic and motivated to make this project a huge success and we rely on your wonderful generosity in being able to achieve this.